02. Cold Milk
- Soak a cotton ball in a glass of milk.
- Apply it directly on the infected area.
- Leave it for few hours to make some effect on it.
- Then wipe it softly with clean towel to impound the leftovers of milk.
Pure milk has immunoglobulin content which helps to impede the virus naturally. Hence, it is a good remedy on how to get rid of cold sores fast. Everyone using milk in their home and so it is an easy option to go with.
Rather than applying milk on the affected area, you can drink a glass of milk. It also helps you get cure from cold sores as cold milk contains lysine.
03. Licorice Root
- Mix 1 teaspoon of licorice root powder with 2 teaspoon of water.
- Put the mixture on the cold sore by using a cotton swab.
- Let it sit for few hours and wash it once it gets dry.
- Repeat this procedure several times a day.
Licorice root powder has an active ingredient known as glycyrrhizin which has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. This serves as an effective ingredient to clear cold sores. Alternatively, you can also take licorice tea that prevents and beneficial in minimizing outbreaks.
Tips: High BP peoples must avoid licorice tea as it might increases the blood pressure.
- Take 2-3 pods of fresh garlic and crush it well.
- Apply it directly on the infected area, then let it remain for an hour.
- Later, wash it with mild soap in warm water and dab dry.
- Repeat the process 3-4 times a day for a week to get better result.
Tips: Garlic contains enzymes which acts as antiviral and antibacterial agent. In nature, garlic is used to cure many diseases.
05. Aloe Vera Gel
- Take a fresh aloe vera and cut it into two half’s.
- Extract the gel from aloe leaf and apply it on the cold sores.
- Leave it for whole night to take good effect.
- Next morning wash it with clean water.
- Do this process twice a day in a week.
Aloe vera is a useful medicinal herbs and a wonderful home remedies for cold sores. It is used to deal with plethora of infliction. This natural gel gives a soothing effect and helps to get relief from irritation and itching. Also, aloe vera has antiseptic quality that assist with healing process.
Tips: It will not cause any side effects even when applied topically and it is quite safe to use for all age group peoples.