06. Vanilla Extract
- First of all, clean the cold sore portion with warm water.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Dip a cotton ball into that and apply on the affected area.
- Let it sit for more than an hour.
- Repeat the procedure 2-3 times a day for a week.
Vanilla extract contains vanillin, which is an organic compound called phenolic aldehyde. It helps to get rid from Herpes Simplex Virus and speeds up the healing process.
Do you wonder how to treat cold sores without any trouble or pain? Then, obviously Ice is one of the best option to choose with. Ice helps to reduce the redness, swelling and annoyance caused by cold sores.
- Take some ice cubes and wrap it in a fresh or clean wash cloth.
- Place it over the cold sore infected area.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes to take good effect.
- Do this process 4-5 times a day for two weeks.
08. Lemon Balm
Lemon balm is also known as Melissa officinalis which assist to speed up curing process. It also helps to soothes discomfort and blocks the virus from spreading. This natural remedy is one of the effective method to cure cold sores.
- Steep 1-2 tablespoon of dried lemon balm leaves into 1 liter of hot water.
- Leave it for ten minutes, then strain it well.
- Drink 3-4 cups of this herbal or lemon tea daily.
- You can also apply lemon balm tea on cold sores 4-5 times a day.
09. Echinacea Tea
- Boil two tablespoon of dried Echinacea powder in warm water.
- Steep it for 10 minutes and strain it well.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of pure honey, then mix it.
- Drink this tea twice or thrice daily for few weeks.
Echinacea tea contains antioxidants which is an excellent anti-inflammatory factor. It helps to boost our immune system and assist to fight with Herpes Simplex Virus to get rid from cold sores. Also, Echinacea tea can be used for cold and flu which helps to control fever and other allergies.
10. Turmeric Powder
- Take 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder with small amount of water.
- Mix it well to make it a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the cold sores infected area.
- Cover it with cotton cloth and leave it whole night.
- Next morning, remove the cotton cloth and wash with warm water.
- Repeat the process thrice in a week.
- To attain best outcome, continue this process for several weeks.
Turmeric is a magical and powerful ingredient which has been used for many cultural foods. It is curative agent that assists for many diseases. This herbal powder mostly used as an Ayurvedic system of medicine. Naturally, it is a great antiseptic agent that assists to get relief from itching and irritation induced by cold sores.
Turmeric powder contains ‘Curcumin’, which is a potent substance to hasten the healing process. Also, turmeric is a natural curative ingredient that does not make any adverse side effects. These are 10 wonderful home remedies for how to get rid of cold sores in quick time.