5 Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
01. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a sodium bicarbonate which helps to neutralise acidic chemicals that causes itching from bedbug bite. It is an anti-inflammatory factor, helps to reduce redness and swelling.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 3 teaspoons of water.
- Apply the mixture smoothly on the infected spot.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes, then rinse it off to see the change.
02. Lemon Juice
It is a natural astringent that helps dry out rashes induced by bed bug bites and restrains itching at bay. With antibacterial properties, it reduces swelling and redness and also prevents infection.
- Take a cotton ball and dip into lemon juice.
- Dab it on the spots affect by bed bug bites.
- Let it air dry and then wash it off.
- Do the process for few times in a day to get better result.
03. Aloe Vera
Many people doubts on how long do bed bugs live because of the issues we got on our skin. Though it lives up to six months, it is recommend to find an easy solution for bed bug bites. Obviously, Aloe vera is one of the best soothing ointment for your skin. It contains amino acids and active compounds that helps to ease burning and itching caused by bug insects.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and slice it open.
- Scoop out the natural gel and apply it on itchy skin areas.
- Later, rinse it off with pure water.
- Do this process several times for 2-3 days to obtain good solution.
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful remedy for bed bug bites. It has acetic acid content along with natural pH balancer that helps to relieve your redness and itching. Vinegar also contain other properties like astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which assist to heal your irritation.
- Apply raw apple cider vinegar on the itchy areas using cotton ball.
- Then, leave it until it gets dry.
- After 30 minutes rinse your skin thoroughly with water.
- Repeat the process twice in a day for few days.
05. Witch Hazel
Being a liquid acerbic, witch hazel is normally used as a facial cleanser. With its tannins property it helps to get rid from itching caused by bedbug bites.
- Dip a cotton ball in witch hazel and apply it on infected areas.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and clean it smoothly.
- Repeat the process regularly until skin gets normal.