How to get Rid of Bed Bug Bites with other Treatments
Steam treatment can be used to treat big areas like drapery, carpets and mattresses. The steamer has a continuous flow of heat with high temperature form of steam blast. So, apply the steam-heat to every part of the affected areas to ensure bed bugs are killed completely. This is one of the good method to avoid bed bugs.
Generally, the bed bugs cannot able to live in high temperatures such as anything more than 112 degree Fahrenheit. Though it is an oldest strategy, it provides best outcome in quick time. Make the home temperature or the entire building temperature beyond 120 degree and leave it for around 30 minutes. During this heat treatment, it will kill the entire bed bugs.
Sealing up Mattresses
The mouths and claws of bedbugs are feeble, causing them incapable to chew through thin layers of cloth or plastic. Use more than .08 mm thick plastic cover to enclose the mattresses that prevent bed bugs from biting. It is a safe option to do for bed bug bites treatment. Also, make sure the covers must remain at least for a year because bug insect can live few months without blood meal.
Over the Counter Medicines
- Cortisone cream is an excellent option to hastening the curing process and also for soothing the skin down.
- Calamine cream can hold the dry skin when your body fixes by itself.
- Antihistamine cream offers you to get relief from itchiness.
- Take any antibiotics as per doctor’s suggestion for allergic reactions and inflammation.
Additional Tips to Prevent Bed Bugs
- Prevention is better than cure, so by getting rid of infestation try to avoid bed bugs.
- Avoid scratching the bitten areas because it may take more time for healing. Also, continuous scratch on the bites spot will results in some skin infection. So, avoid scratching.
- Toothpaste contains cooling menthol content which helps to reduce itching and burning sensation on the skin. It is recommend to use white toothpaste instead of colored or gel type toothpaste. Dab a little amount on itchy areas and after 10 minutes wash it off with water.
- Essential oils such as lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus and tea tree oil helps to reduce itching and redness mark. Strong smell of these oils assist to repel bed bugs from biting.
- Mixture of equal parts of cold milk and water serves to get relief from itching and irritation. Apply the mixture on affected skin areas and leave it for 5 – 10 minutes before rinse it off.
- Keep your home dry and clean and also regularly check sheets, pillows, mattress, etc., for the signs of bed bugs to prevent it.
- If you don’t get relief even after long time, make sure that you meet a professional exterminator to check whether you have any infection on the hands.
- Drink a lot of water regularly and take other healthy fluids such as herbal teas, vegetable juices and fresh fruits. This helps to blush out the toxins and clears these discomforts.
These are the few tips to prevent and take care from bed bug bites. Use the above home remedies or else the other mentioned treatments to completely kill the pesky insect. With these methods, you can easily find solution on how to get rid of bed bug bites. Also, it is recommended to follow the procedure in a proper way to obtain best results.